Free full Grown Turkeys

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by lorrir, Dec 8, 2009.

1. lorrir

lorrir Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    Upstate SC
    I have 15 full grown Bronze Breasted Turkeys I have to rehome. I bought 30 from the hatchery with the intent to raise them for Thanksgiving sale. I sold about 10 and I have get rid of the 15 left. I bought them from Crackle Hatchery in May. I fed them medicated chick grower until September and then Purina Flock Raiser until early November. I switched them to cracked corn and sweet feed early November and they are still eating that diet, alternating the corn and sweet feed. I let them free range until Mid October. I culled a small hen at Thanksgiving and she was 23 lbs cleaned, the toms are about 35lbs cleaned.

I have to cull them or give them to someone who will cull them, They have gotten too big and I am afraid they will break their legs just walking around.

I will give them to anyone who wants them. If you live out of state and have a friend or family member in area, the offer is open to them. These birds are very social and can live in a fenced in yard with a bucket of water and a bucket of food. If you wanted to hold a bird for Christmas dinner it would be easy for anyone even a city dweller.

I live in Upstate SC, 50 miles from Columbia SC , Greenville SC 150 miles from Atlanta Ga, Charlotte NC.

Please PM with questions.

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    You should post over on the BSA section!

If I were closer to you, I'd take you up on this..

Best of luck and have a blessed evening.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  3. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    no kidding! auction them off. you might get some extra Christmas spending money!

4. Countrywife

Countrywife Corrupted by a Redneck

Aug 20, 2009
    Carolina
    Well for heaven sake, I want some turkeys! I will pm you

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    And you aren't processing them and putting them in your freezer because...????

6. leoismydog

leoismydog Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2008
    Put them on craigs list for a price, a couple bucks a pound with "help" for cleaning as some places its illegal to sell processed food. But who says you cant help someone else clean a turkey.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by