1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free Guinea's In Pa

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by brandibaby23, Jan 6, 2010.

1. brandibaby23

brandibaby23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    New Paris, Pa 15554
    Hello all I am very annoyed with my guinea's I have just built a coop for my chickens, about 2 weeks ago, now the 4 guinea's I have are guarding the door of the chicken house and not allowing the chickens to come in to eat or drink. I hate them, I want them gone, if anyone is interested, PLEASE Pm me email me write back on here and they are YOURS!!!!! I am about to find them a woody area in the woods and drop them off!!! I know it sounds horrible but I can't take them anymore. I live in South Central Pennsylvania, **address removed** if you would like to map quest or what ever. I don't know the gender of these birds there are two regular color and two lavender. They are this springs chicks they will be a year old in June this summer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
  2. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    They look innocent to me, maybe its the chickens fault. [​IMG]

3. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Doubt it...my guineas got a one way ticket out too for being chicken bullies!! OP, sorry you had to learn the hard way!! I did too!! Hope you get them rehomed soon!

4. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Some people say guineas are good eating! [​IMG]

5. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Doubt it...my guineas got a one way ticket out too for being chicken bullies!! OP, sorry you had to learn the hard way!! I did too!! Hope you get them rehomed soon!

Just because there is a couple chicken feathers missing, and no guinea feathers missing? It could be a setup. Maybe blame it on the Turkeys they only seem slow(in a special needs kind of way) they are trickier than you think. [​IMG]

6. greathorse

greathorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Put them on Craigs list they should go in a hurry. LOL. guinea's can be a real pain. Ya either love em or hate em. I had to send a bunch of them to visit Uncle Kelvinator myslef for the same reason.

I am going to hatch some in the spring though and see how they do. I gave mine to a freind so I could get some eggs when they start laying.

7. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN

Just because there is a couple chicken feathers missing, and no guinea feathers missing? It could be a setup. Maybe blame it on the Turkeys they only seem slow(in a special needs kind of way) they are trickier than you think. [​IMG]

LOL! Riiiight! My chickens got booted out of the coop, and the 8 juvenille delinquent gang banger guineas jumped on my roo and almost killed him! I KNOW who is the dirty bird and who isn't [​IMG]

8. brandibaby23

brandibaby23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    New Paris, Pa 15554
    Ha Ha good to see I'm not alone. My roosters are deathly afraid of the guineas, and my one hen has one single tail feather left, and they are free range bird completely so they don't have to stay together but the snow has them all wanting to be in the coop, and if the guinea's get bored they go find the chickens just to harass them!!! They come from behind grab a mouth full of feathers and hang on for the ride. I got the guineas cuz I heard they were good for keeping snakes at bay, and loud if something came around, well no snakes for them to chase away, they eat like HOGS, and they are continually LOUD!!!!!! ALL THE TIME!!!

9. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Maybe you need a bigger rooster? Were they raised together? Mine were raised by chickens, I have some that are 6 months old, and they still run to Mom(Australop) when they need comforting. [​IMG] [​IMG] I have two that dont know they are guineas, one stays with its chickens, and one that was raised with turkeys and still roost with the turkeys, I tried to combine all the guineas, but those two want nothing to do with the regular guineas. I have not had any problems with ticks, or anything else coming into the yard unannounced. Your a little far for the roadtrip to save these guys. They are good to eat, if all else fails. [​IMG]

10. Marlinchaser

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:No one ever said they were spose to fight fair. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by