FREE! Handsome BR Cockerel "Gabriel" 17 Wks (TAKEN! Thanks!) /N. Ga

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Feb 20, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The nice person who was going to get Gabe tomorrow is facing the possible birth of a grandchild a bit early, so she had to postpone her trip. She says if someone gets him before she can, feel free to let him go to another home. So, anyone want a very handsome, ready-to-reproduce young man? He's mating the girls now, to his dad's chagrin and it'd be great if he could have his own women. He's still quite skittish, but will eat out of my hand and I can pet him when he's in the coop, so he's getting a bit more mellow now since I've been working with him. PickUp only! I'm near the juncture of GA, NC and TN.
    Here's Gabriel, son of Lexie & Hawkeye:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  2. nadams4

nadams4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    Ohio
    He's Beautiful...too bad i live in OHIO!!!

3. speckledhen

Folks, my Girls say Gabriel needs to find other accomodations, that his teenage "technique" is a tad too uncivilized for them. Gabriel is probably coming into his fertility if he hasn't already and is actually getting a bit bettter in his mating attempts, but Charlotte, in particular, says, "Mom, he has to GOOOOOOOOOOO!"( He has a crush on my Blue Ameraucana, Charlotte, LOL) He'll make quite a good flock protector and sire of future chicks, though. He has a gorgeous head on him, comb, eyes, everything is just very handsome and he'll mellow out, like all youngsters do. FREE is quite the bargain for this guy, even with pickup, IMO.

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG]
    I'm 3000 miles away!!

Poor Charlotte! That is my great-grandma's name (although, in Sweden is is Charlotta) and will be the name of a future daughter (if I don't end up with all boys! [​IMG] )

5. speckledhen

Hi, Carri! Charlotte is named after my guinea hen that I had to rehome along with her mate, but that Charlotte was originally named after my friend and neighbor. I love Charlotte, she's my snuggle-bug, but apparently Gabe is seeing hearts and flowers. He's always dancing for her and chasing her. She's had quite enough of his amorous advances, let me tell you!
    [​IMG]

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG] Sort of like Hotwing with Kip's main girl, Tina. Poor Tina the Bantam Cochin... always looking over her shoulder because 8lb Hotwing was in love. Everyone is happier that Hotwing has his own ladies now, especially Tina!

Well Gabe is beautiful! I hope you find him a great home.

7. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    I love him, but I'm a way away. Sorry

8. speckledhen

Thanks for looking anyway, Storm! [​IMG] Could be the lady who originally wanted Gabe will be able to make it down this coming week, but her daughter is all that much closer to her due date, so who knows? She was driving almost 200 miles to get him, which is interesting. Someone drove almost 5 hours once to buy a bunch of cockerels from me and only one pullet and not for the stew pot, either.

9. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Your birds are superstars and If I could drive I would come to get him LOL.

Henry

10. speckledhen

Sure wish you were closer, too, Henry. We'd be setting you up with some birds from time to time. Heck, I'm going to have some nice chicks this spring, some I know you'd want.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by