1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free hens to good home, Brighton Colorado - NEED TO REHOME ASAP

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by nikro, Jun 24, 2016.

1. nikro

nikro New Egg

Jun 27, 2014
    Brighton, CO
    Morning everyone!

We have 4 hens that need a new home asap (3 good daily egg layers, 1 has never laid eggs (don't know why), but protects the others and the eggs).

All are different breeds - Black Australorp, Americanas, Barred/Plymouth Rock, and a Rhode Island Red. The Rhode Island is a little different, shes healthy, but for some reason she eats the feathers off of her chest, even though I watch her eat feed and treats very well (this just started up this spring) so she looks a little crazy. Then again maybe that's why the others look at her like she's the boss...i couldn't tell you.

2 lay brown eggs and 1 a light bluish green colored, all are delicious, and it's nicet o know where your food is coming from. All are friendly and very people orientated, get along with our dogs, fun to watch and play with, and a couple will even come hop up on your lap when sitting out back with them. I do not have access to my pictures of the girls at this time, but will post later on tonight.

We are currently getting ready to move out of the state and need to find these girls a new home to enjoy. Everything is included with them: large coop, many water stations, feeding stations, food, bedding, treats, etc. All you need to do is come pick them up and enjoy their company.

Please contact me as soon as you can if you're interested. I will post this on a local Brighton Facebook page as well and if someone responds there before here, I will be sure to remove this posting, or update accordingly.

Thank you for your time!!

Nik

[email protected]

2. herechikiechik

herechikiechik Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2016
    Do you still have the Australorp? I have one that has announced HIMSELF as a rooster, and was disappointed to no longer have a hen. You said yours is a good laying hen? I am also in Brighton, CO. Go figure....what are the odds?

3. maryrgv956

maryrgv956 New Egg

Jun 27, 2016
    Mission tx
    Hi are they still available if yes I'll take them all email me

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by