1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free Horses in Ohio

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ma2babygurl13, Feb 1, 2011.

1. ma2babygurl13

ma2babygurl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Fairborn OH
    This is a cross post!
    I don't know how truthful this is, but definitely worth checking out!

Attention: In northern Ohio, Dr. Stearns, DVM passed away, and his son wants everything liquidated immediately. Leftover horses go to slaughter this Sat. Please Cross Post. Currently out of 52 horses there are still 23 mares some with babies on board - stud is 16.3 TB Stud Conley Key. All FREE and papered. Call 440-463-4288, address is 57882 Wright Rd., Barnesville, OH.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Its a shame! however it is not unusual for the horses having no home, ended up at slaughter. Hopefully they will have homes.

3. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

It's true!

4. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Hey everyone,

I forwarded this message to a TB person I know down in Kentucky but it seems this post has gone "viral" on a lot of boards...I called the phone number myself too after she told me what the message on it said, and there is a message saying all the horses have been adopted to new homes! Good job everyone! [​IMG]

5. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Here is more information that was posted on facebook :

‎52 thoroughbred horses need homes. Will go to Sugarcreek this Saturday for slaughter. Gentleman died and his son wants nothing to do with them. Most broodmares are broke and some are in foal weanling, yearlings, 2 yrs and 3 yrs old most are gelded. *FREE and papered*. Friend of the deceased is trying to find homes 440-463-4288 or 440-463-4288 Barnesville, OH. Please copy and paste this on your status

6. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

For those who are wondering- the Stern's TBs in OH have been homed and will not be shipping to Sugar Creek this weekend- thank you for your concern. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I am so glad they got homes!!!

This is a message from a rescue :

RE: TBs in Ohio/deceased owner: Per Dreamcatching Meadows that has reported being in contact with the barn mgr: Please stop posting about the Ohio thoroughbreds they all have homes alot were taken by friends of the family. Please do not call the number they have the funeral tomorrow. Please share and crosspost, again all the thoroughbreds have homes

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  7. knjinnm

knjinnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Sandia Park, NM
    Quote:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2011
  8. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Im glad all the horses are safe [​IMG]