Free in Colorado D'Uccle pair 3 weeks old

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by aidenbaby, Apr 26, 2009.

1. aidenbaby

aidenbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    I need to find a home for my two D'Uccles. They are black mottled D'Uccle. They must go to the same home.

The male, we call him Lucky, started showing rooness in the form of pinkish/red comb development about 5 days ago. He is a very sweety chick and we are sad that he will not be with us anymore. He has a spraddle leg which I attempted to correct to no avail. On the same leg, the foot is curled under towards his center. He is the reason this pair is free. Other than his leg, he is otherwise healthy.

The female, Chicken Little, is a bit smaller than her friend. She is quite a bit shy and will call for her flockmates if she can't see them. I think that with the right home she will settle nicely. She is healthy at this point in time (she hasn't been sick with me at all).

A picture will be posted later today.

2. aidenbaby

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    Chicken Little (left) and Lucky (right) at 2 1/2 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

Chicken Little (left) and Lucky (right) at 3 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

3. Jr. Buck

Jr. Buck Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2009
    Where are you located and will you ship if you are far away?

4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Jr. Buck :

Where are you located and will you ship if you are far away?

jr.buck.... real the title of this post...

COLORADO​

5. aidenbaby

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    I don't think shipping would be very good for them. I may be misinformed but I don't want to cause undue stress for them. I will, however, drive as far as 2 hours from my home or maybe further (but only on the weekends) to meet halfway. I live in Lochbuie, Colorado. I don't really think it is fair to expect me to do delivery as the chooks are free.

6. New adventure

New adventure Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Never heard of your town. What part of CO are you. I might be interested if you're not too far from me. I'm in Pueblo, Elaine

7. aidenbaby

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    I'm just north of Brighton along I-76. How far would you be willing to drive?

8. aidenbaby

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    Meeting in Colorado Springs would mean a 45 minute drive for you and an hour and a half for me. I am trying to keep my drive to under 2 hours because I would have to bring my kids and they are 1 and 3 years old. PM me so that we can discuss it further.

In the mean time, I've found the secret to their hearts. It wasn't corn meal, cereal or eggs. It is dry oatmeal and mealworms.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  9. SweetWater

SweetWater Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2009
    Bennett CO
    Hello.

If these two arent already spoken for, I think I might be able to take them. Is the leg issue the only health issue with Lucky? Is he able to get around on his own? Does the leg seem to cause him any discomfort?

I'd need to get a brooder going and get them some food so I could be ready for them this weekend. Your not too far from me so I can pick them up if that works for you?

Let me know. Thanks~

10. aidenbaby

Apr 10, 2009
    Lochbuie
    His leg issue doesn't seem to bother him. The only time it seems to is if another chick jumps on him but, of course, they all seem to have the "GET OFF OF ME" reaction. He is just as mobile as the others.

After looking at the calendar, I've learned that they aren't turning 4 weeks today. They are about to turn 3 weeks. I got them on the Thursday before Easter and they were probably only a day or two old. That also means that his "rooness" started showing at only 1 1/2 weeks old.

As far as the chicks, New Adventure has first dibs. If I don't hear anything from them by tomorrow evening, Sweet Water will have second option.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by