Free in MA - RIR and blue salmon faverolle roos

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by muffi, Aug 10, 2008.

1. muffi

muffi Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Ayer, Massachusetts
    The RIR is about 12 weeks. The blue SF is about 10 weeks. Available for pickup only in Ayer, MA. I will consider driving to meet you if you are far away.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oops! Not interested in roos. I thought they were pullets! I've got 5 roos of my own.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  3. freshegg

freshegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    Im thinking if I dare get a roo here in town. Is he real noisy? will having a roo make my hens go broody more often, they havent been broody at all the 4 or so months ive had them. do SF lay small eggs,what color eggs do they lay/ I have 8 RIR hens what would those chicks be like? sorry so many questions but I only know about the RIR

4. muffi

Feb 27, 2008
    Ayer, Massachusetts
    Quote:They haven't started crowing yet, so I can't say how loud they will be. I am unsure how having a roo will affect hens' broodiness. I hatched my SFs from very large cream-colored eggs. I'm not sure about the inheritance pattern, but I expect SFxRIR chicks would be adorable, hopefully with some having muffs and feathered legs!

Both of the boys are very nice. The RIR is very active but has no problem with letting me hold and pet him. The SF is an absolute sweetheart. He loves to perch on my arm and "talk" to me.

5. freshegg

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    If hubby gave the go ahead would you seperate them and just let me have the RIR?

6. muffi

Feb 27, 2008
    Ayer, Massachusetts
    Quote:Oh, of course, they can go separately!

I will even be driving right by your town on Sat Aug 30 on my way to visit friends in VT. I could drop him off then if you are around.

7. freshegg

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    I will talk to him in the morning hes sleeping gets up early. then I could have little rir chicks [​IMG]. I seriously need a farm saw 200 meat birds for 36 bucks lastnight

8. muffi

Feb 27, 2008
    Ayer, Massachusetts
    Quote:Just tell him if it doesn't work out because of crowing, you'll cook him some fresh fried chicken. O.O

Oh, and I thought RIRs were famous for being broody. Maybe your girls just hate this terrible weather we've had ALL SUMMER! I know I sure do.

9. freshegg

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    [​IMG] he says no rooster they are noisy and neighbors will complain, I,ll work on him. I hate to be too pushy expecially since he just bought me a laptop computer yesterday for no reason more than he loves me [​IMG], and said I can get some red star hens if I want them and lol I may go buy some golden comets today. Why is it the more I get the more I want [​IMG] Hes not a big eater of chickens (loves eggs) so I cant bribe with chicken but maybe him just knowing if it doesnt work we could have chicken alla king (he likes) so if he changes mind I'll post.

10. freshegg

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    he just called from work to say you better not be going to get that rooster [​IMG]. I said
    "I'm not but we could have little babies". He says "NO ROOSTER" good luck finding him a home. when I get my incubator he will wish we had that rooster.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by