Free is Good, Very, Very, Good

tororider

Songster
Feb 6, 2008
Southeast MI
JACKPOT!!!

So my sister-in-law and future brother-in-law are buying a new house/horse property. I went to look at it for the first time today. I walk back by the horse pasture and look behind some trees and what do I see??? A chicken tractor!!! Its not real big, but it should do the trick, at least through the summer as it may not be as big as I would like. I may still try to build a coop, but this at least give me time to look for free material on craigslist. Or I can try to reinforce/insulate the tractor.

Woohoo!!!

P.S. I will try to post pictures when I get it.

free is always good
wink.png

My boss just leased a pasture with some old barn on it and I was going thru them and found an old brooder hood. It looks like an exhaust fan hood from a restaurant kitchen, but it has the heat lamp fixture in it. SO we made an outdoor broder cage for the chicks that have outgrown the plasticc tubs, but we don't want to turn loose yet.
We also found a huge icebox that looks like it came off someone's boat. It will make a great brooder, easily hold 100 chicks!
Yes....free is good...very good!
Another bonus.. several of the small barns already have nest boxes built into the walls, so all we have to do is clean them out and put up some chicken wire!

Back
Top Bottom