1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FREE JJ the EE

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Frizzledhen, May 17, 2007.

1. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    With my order of bantam cochins I received a free rare chick from MM. It is an EE cockerel. He is 10 weeks old and causing all sorts of problems with my cochins. I put him in with the other cockerels and they all gang up on him. So I put him in with my pullets and he beats them up. :thun So he has to go. He is really a pretty bird but I have no use for an EE roo. Please someone save him from becoming dog food. I live in Springport, MI which is south of Lansing. I will even send a bag of food home with him.

Gayle
    Chi lady in Michigan

2. chknman79

chknman79 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2007
    Crossville,TN
    Wish I was closer I would sure take him off your hands. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the EE's from? I want some and need advice as to where to go.

3. Frizzledhen

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    The EE was a free rare chick from Murray McMurray. Of all the rare they had listed, the EE was the one I wanted the least. Might have known that was what I was getting though. I now have chicks from MM and Ideal. The difference is like day and night. I will order from MM any day over Ideal. The little extra in cost is well worth the difference in quality. Just my opinion and I am no expert my any means. My MM chicks are beautiful and very healthy. The Ideal chicks, although very cute, are just not as good quality. The foot feathering is the most noticable difference. All of my cochins from MM are deffinately not mixed breed. A few from Ideal are questionable. There are many hatcheries out there to choose from. This is just my opinion and I am sure there are those who have bought from Ideal that are very happy with the chicks they received. Somewhere in all these emails if a topic on different hatcheries. If you can find it there is a great deal of info on many different places to get your chicks. Good luck.

Gayle
    Chi lady in Michigan

4. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    I would take him but im 4 hours away from there!. But if there was any other way i would love to give him a home with alot of attention. Considering i love chickenns

5. Frizzledhen

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    Silkelovr,

Wish you had posted sooner. I would have met you half way. JJ was invited to dinner. Sorry

Gayle
    Chi lady in Michigan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by