Free LaMancha goat

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by birdlover, Oct 24, 2008.

1. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    If anybody lives near No. Va., I am working at a Fall Festival http://www.coxfarms.com/
    and
    they have the most adorable black LaMancha goat who I would love to see go to a good home. They get all their goats at an auction and then take them back to the auction when the festival is over. [​IMG] Can anybody give this adorable, sweet goat a home and, perhaps, another one or two?

Ellen

2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Ellen are any does?
    Sent you a PM.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  3. birdlover

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Sharon,

I'll let you know when I get back from work today. I know there are many does but there's only on LaMancha.

4. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Is the LaMancha full size? Boy or Girl? Approximately how old?

5. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    If It were a doe I wish I could take it !

6. Puddle Foot Farm

Puddle Foot Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Do you have a pair?
    My mom likes goat cheese. [​IMG]

7. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Wish I were close, I live in La! [​IMG]

8. birdlover

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    I wasn't able to find out the sex today as it was raining really hard and I couldn't bring myself to go looking for it. But tomorrow is supposed to be nice so I'll find out for sure tomorrow. I don't know if it's full size or not. It's small but might be a baby? Here's the story. Cox Farm, where they have the festival, brings in all these animals every year just for the festival! Some creepy man who they hire every year, goes to auctions and brings in goats, cows and sheep. When the season ends, he comes and gets them and takes them to auction again. This year he brought in about 100 goats!!! Some of them don't look very healthy but some are beautiful and appear very healthy. The LaMancha is black, very pretty but awfully skinny, it seems to me. But I don't know anything about goats. I work with the poultry and rabbits. So that's the scoop.

http://www.coxfarms.com/

9. Bex

Bex Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Virginia
    Ellen your PM box is full so I can't send you any messages apparently. [​IMG]

If you could find out an age for this goat, i'd be interested in knowing, too. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  10. birdlover

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Oops, I'll take care of that right now. This goat came from an auction so I don't think anybody knows it's age. I'll check it out today (10/26)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by