Free Langshan Cockerel

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rodriguezpoultry, Nov 9, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I have an adorable Langshan cockerel for free. His name is "Winky." He comes from show quality stock, but it's my fault that I can't use him. When he was just an egg on Day 18, I accidentally dropped him. It cracked and now poor Winky can only see out of one eye. His disability makes him sweet and gentle. He will grow to be a very large bird and a great pet.

This bird can ONLY go to a good home.

If you are interested, let me know and I'll see if I can't get some better photos of him.

As you can see, Winky has perfect sight on his right side, but his left side:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

His eye is just "lower" than it should be. Everything is there, his eyeball just happens to not be in the socket. I feel awful about what happened and should have culled him early on. But, there's a reason for everything.

2. preciouspokey

preciouspokey Out Of The Brooder

Nov 10, 2009
    Hi, Wish I was closer I would love to give him a home. My two grandsons would love him! I am in Louisiana though [​IMG] I do hope you find him a great family!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by