FREE Langshan Cockerel

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rodriguezpoultry, Dec 28, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I have a beautiful Langshan cockerel that's up for grabs. He can never be shown as he is missing an eye.

It was my fault. I dropped him as an egg on day 18. He hatched with his eyeball "below" the socket. Normally, I would have offed him, but seeing as how it was my fault, I wanted to see how he would turn out. He's going to be gorgeous. Thing is I can't keep him seeing as how I had a blue cockerel hatch as well. I simply don't have enough space.

"Winky" as I've called him, has not crowed and LOVES to be picked up. He will wait for your assurance on anything and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. If you want a bird that is going to be big and will do great in showmanship, you've got your bird.

I will try and get updated photos posted soon, but if nobody takes him, I will have to keep him somewhere safe.

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I would like to see his picture [​IMG]

3. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I can show you a photo of when he was younger, and a photo of some of his father for you to see what he'll eventually be. But I'll have to wait until Sunday to be able to get another photo of him. I have to head back during the week to work in another state.

Winky when he was MUCH younger:
    [​IMG]

Winky's father:
    [​IMG]

4. michaeldaugherty

michaeldaugherty Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    If you ever come 2okc i will buy him from you. I pay top pr 4any chickens any kind. I seen your post on the leghorn am glad you said something most peplo just dont no thats wat makes this a great site..

5. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I would LUV him, I'm in Florida [​IMG]

6. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quote:Thank you for the offer, but Winky is more for those who are wanting a special bird. He needs to be pampered. He is more than willing to be with the flock, but he seriously prefers being held.

7. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    hi, I hope you got the email I sent, thanks, Karen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by