1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Free laying hens in Minnesota (TC area)

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Remibee138, Feb 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Remibee138

Remibee138 Hatching

Feb 12, 2019
    I’ve ended up with 5 black Australorp hens and only have the space for 3. They are 10 months old and just began laying eggs in the last month. Out of the 5 hens I’m getting 3-4 eggs a day. Would like to rehome two of them to go to a good home where they will get to spread out more and don’t want them to be cooked. Would also prefer that someone would take a pair of them. They are friendly but they haven’t been handled much so a little skittish. Let me know if interested, can send pictures. Willing to let them go for free as long as it’s to a good home.

2. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Have you posted an ad with pictures on Craigslist yet? I rehomed a cockerel that way. Because you are given away POL pullets, you should have people banging down the door to get them!

3. GreatGrandChicken

GreatGrandChicken Hatching

Apr 9, 2019
    If your girls are still available, I'd be very interested. Please let me know. We're in Monticello.

4. hkisch2014

hkisch2014 Chirping

Apr 20, 2019
    Shafer, MN
    Do you still need a home for these girls? Im in Shafer but travel to Stillwater often to pick up if your close

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: