1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free Leghorn chicks in May (Va.)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by birdlover, Mar 10, 2007.

1. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Hi,
    I have a teacher friend who is hatching white leghorn chicks in April. She's getting them through a 4-H project they offer teachers every year in the spring. Thing is, she has to bring the chicks back after only 3 days OR she can keep them longer and find her own home for them. She wants to keep them until May but needs a home for them. I told her I'd advertise them on BYC. They are free, of course. We're in Fairfax, Va.

2. MarkR

MarkR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    Ivy, Virginia
    birdlover,

I'm down in Charlottesville, and might be able to take a few off your hands. How many are we talking about?

Mark

3. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Hi Mark,
    I didn't think anyone would ever respond!!! They will be hatching 3 dozen eggs but, to tell you the truth, I already found someone who wants to take them all. If that changes, I'll let you know! Thanks for your interest!

4. MarkR

MarkR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    Ivy, Virginia
    no problem. Wow! three dozen. I'd only be able to take 3-4 as of now. If you have a few left overs, let me know.
    [​IMG]

Mark

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by