Free "loves to be broody" Buff Orpington hen and her adoptive daughter

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mpare, Aug 17, 2011.

1. mpare

mpare Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2010
    Dillsburg, PA
    Roxanne has a great personality, goes broody several times a year and has successfully raised chicks from a batch of fertilized eggs. (I do not have a rooster.) However, she is NOISY and I am concerned she may start to bother my neighbors. I would like to give her away with her healthy, but ugly barn yard mix daughter as they are good friends. Pick up or I can meet your within an hour of Dillsburg, PA

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Of course now we all want to see pictures of the "ugly" barnyard mix daughter...lol! [​IMG] I hope that you find them a good home - that's nice that they're being placed together [​IMG]

3. Peep Talk

Peep Talk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    I would love to give them a new home [​IMG] I go to school in Chambersburg, would you be able to meet me in Chambersburg? I can even meet at the end of Chambersburg closest to you. [​IMG]

4. curtsey13

curtsey13 Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2010
    Pennington, NJ
    Are these ladies still available? I would LOVE another broody hen and, of course, her side kick is always welcome [​IMG] Let me know and I'll prep my DH and kids for a road trip!!

5. Peep Talk

Peep Talk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    If curtsey can come get them, she can have them...I'm having problems at home and two more chickens wouldn't work right now. I'm sorry.

Samantha

6. curtsey13

May 31, 2010
    Pennington, NJ
    Are they still available? We would love them!!!

7. mpare

mpare Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2010
    Dillsburg, PA
    Thanks so much for all your great messages! I am so torn because, of course, Roxanne has been a bit quieter the past few days. Also a neighbor just told me yesterday how much she enjoys the chickens. At this point I am going to try and keep both girls. But I will make a copy of all your emails just in case. It is comforting to know that I could find her a home with a wonderful BYC person if necessary. Sorry for the indecision. Thank you.
    Marci

8. curtsey13

May 31, 2010
    Pennington, NJ
    No problem.... glad she can stay with you!!Our neighbors are they same way.... They actually complained when we were without a rooster for a time. [​IMG] If you run into any problems, let us know - we have plenty of space in our coop!! Good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by