Free male leghorn to re home in Staten Island.baby chick.

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by lissachkns3, Jan 8, 2013.

1. lissachkns3

lissachkns3 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2013
    Staten Island,New York
    Hello I took in a two or three week old baby male chick for a friend.her sister bought it not knowing the sex.so I said I'd take it but its a male.would keep it but i only want a hen.i have to rehome him i don't want to he's so friendly and sweet.but please only to chicken lovers who will keep him as a pet and not kill him.thanks

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. morgan36

morgan36 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Southern Ohio
    Where are you

3. I have 3 brown leghorn hens who would like a rooster at some point! Let me know if he is still available!

4. lissachkns3

Jan 8, 2013
    Staten Island,New York
    Hi guys thanks so much for your reply.imcouldnt delete this post.its a baby chicken with thick short legs I thought it was a male leghorn because itmlookedmlike my other two leghorns except this one has short thick legs.and it's very big for its age.got it from my friend who's niece rescued it from a poultry.did my research and found out its not a leghorn it's a broiler.which are used by poultices for meat only.so nw I really don't know if it's a male or female.it lays around a lot and eats lying down which broiler chickens do because their weight is to heavy for their legs.also read they die in a few months because their hearts can't take the weight.im sorry for any inconvience.i didn't want t give it away for it to be eaten.but if anyone is still interested in it you could have it.if not I was going to keep it comfortable and care for it until its little life gives up.

5. I will take him! NO DEATH! I've never slaughtered a bird nor will I ever. I like " Special " birds. I actually have several " Special " chickens. She sounds like a handicapped cutie! Let me know if you could ship this little one! I would love him/her!

6. lissachkns3

Jan 8, 2013
    Staten Island,New York
    Aww really?wow I feelso touched awww.its not handicapped he or she does walk but because of its breed it's weight makes it hard for it to move around a lot.its adorable doesn't require a lot of work.ive never shipped a chick before afraid it would die.where are you from?plus some of its feather had fallen out but starting to grow in.read up in broiler chickens first and I'll have to see how much it'll cost to ship it.thanks for your note rest and response

7. lissachkns3

Jan 8, 2013
    Staten Island,New York
    Sorry my iPad retypes I meant thanks for your interest and response

8. lissachkns3

Jan 8, 2013
    Staten Island,New York
    Message me your number and I could send a pic text of it if you'd like to see it

9. lissachkns3

Jan 8, 2013
    Staten Island,New York
    Was able to send the baby chick to a new home thanks so much to the person who took it!:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by