free medications (antibiotics)**FOR MY DOG!**

bwebb7

Songster
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Brooksville, Fl
It is true! I took my boy (Mastiff) to the vet yesterday because he cut his foot pad and has now licked them into infection!
Well I told her I had meds but got home and counted and I didn't have nearly enough. I called them back and made arrangements to go by there this afternoon. When I got there, I was a little dissappointed that a bottle wasn't waiting. The girl up front said "she left you a script, you can fill it anywhere".
So I went to Publix (grocer) and when I dropped it off I asked the pharmacy tech how much and she said it was one of the free antibiotics.
Sure enough, when I picked it up 30 minutes later-it was free!
yayy!

Oh yeah, She wrote for a refill too!

Last edited:
WOW, i didn't think you could get anything for free anymore.
lol.png

I hope though if a human takes it that they don't start barking. lol Cool though that it didn't cost you. To bad a regular human dr's office isn't like that. Don't tell to many people.....thay may take their pet to the vet to get free meds.
ep.gif

I go to a doctors office where he takes care of Vet's for free and he is always so busy. Some times you wait for hours there because he doesn't take appointments just walk in's. He gives me samples of meds so I don't have to pay for them.

The med is Keflex. They have a list of freebies. She also told me to check with Wal*Mart as they have a list of $4 antibiotics.
My dog weighs 208 pounds. When we need meds, I usually wipe them out! They carry the 250 mg pills at their office and I would have to give 8 twice a day for 14 days that is 224 pills. She wrote for the 500 mg so I only have to give him 4 twice a day~much easier!
I feel very lucky as medicating these giants can be expensive.

Make sure you get that free re-fill! Keep them in the cabinet - they are human quality - you can take them if need be in the future. I took my dog's cephalexin (refill) last year from the vet for a severe chest cold that wouldn't clear up and it was gone in 4 days. I've taken cat medicine too. And don't think I'm beneath fish antibiotics! Going to a doctor is just a waste of time anymore - they don't know more than I do when it comes to minor stuff...
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom