Free Mini-Lop Rabbit & Golden Lace Wyandotte Roo'-Missouri (PHOTOS)..

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by TJ, Nov 19, 2007.

1. TJ

TJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Missouri
    Hello, I have for free a gray and white female mini-lop rabbit; she is approx. 6 or 7 years old; she is not nice but with attention I think she could become tame; here is a photo of her:

[​IMG]

Also for free, I have a Golden Lace Wyandotte Roo'; large and handsome - personality matches looks; approx 7 mos. old; raised from baby from MM Hatchery; here is two photos of him:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I prefer pick up only as I don't think they can be shipped. But if anyone has ever shipped live animals before and the person interested wants to pay the shipping charges please contact me.

I know I can't control what happens to them once they go home with someone else but I prefer they both live out their lives as pets and never see a stew pot...

Thank you!

Warm regards,
    TJ

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  2. MommaHen

MommaHen Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2007
    Missouri
    I'm interested in the GLW roo- where in MIssouri are you located? Feel free to PM if you like.
    Thanks!

3. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Are you sure that is a GLW roo? I don't see any lacing on him at all. ?? Maybe doesn't show up in the pic. Or could he be mixed?? Looks more like a Rhode Island Red, or something, except for the comb.

4. TJ

Feb 7, 2007
    Missouri
    Hello JudyMcKinn, I'm pretty sure that he is a GLW. I've researched the web and according to the MM Catalog and my order - he's a GLW... I surely don't want to get rid of him but I just don't see any other way around it. And there's no way my DH will build me a little house and pen just for 'Lambeau' and a few girls... (*sigh*)

Blessings,
    TJ

5. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    I just looked at Feathersite, and apparently the GLW roo's don't have much of the lacing. Sorry, need to look before (not after) I question. LOL Where are you in MO?

6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    The lacing in the roos usually shows up on the breast. If you look closely you can see it [​IMG]

7. TJ

Feb 7, 2007
    Missouri
    ...You know, I just love this roo' and I really don't want to get rid of him... Can I keep my other roo'(a golden Polish-you can see him in the bkgrd. of the 2nd photo) and a hen in a rabbit hutch (a large one) and let BIG GLW have the house, hens & pen?

...Just a thought. As you can tell, I'm grasping at straws here... lol [​IMG]

...Thank you!

TJ

8. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I don't see why not! I used to cage my chickens when I was still living at home b/c of limited space. You will just need to watch for foot problems, though they aren't as much of an issue in light breeds like polish compared to a breed like, say, dark cornish, but they do occur. Also, if they have never been caged on wire, they will more than likely freak out a bit at first. Move them into their new home at night so you don't cause them as much stress. It may take a few days for them to settle down, but you should be able to do this! Good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by