free OEGB to good home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by flakey chick, Jun 27, 2010.

1. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    << Spoken For >>
    Thanks BYC members for all the kind offers. I am sure my birds will now have a happy home.

Actually free- PM me if interested. Please do not bid. My bantam flock was downsized by a raccoon. I just don't have the heart for chicken keeping any more. I have a 1+ year old bantam hen and and a 2.5 week orphaned chick looking for homes. Must be willing to pick up from the Gainesville / Jonesville area of Florida.

The chick is a D'Anvers black X quail. She is a bit clingy and misses her mommy. The OEGB is a local celebrity- former P.O.W. on BYC. She is a bit aloof and has always been at the bottom of the pecking order until now. I will happily include feed and their tractor to a good home if you take both. It would be good for quarantine or an Urban dwelling looking to get a start on a small flock.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  2. fl_deb

fl_deb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    I am considering your offer as I will be passing by, on my way home (tampa bay area) on tuesday.

Are you sure you want to give up on these guys? I know your loss can be discouraging, but I know I get so much from my chickens...

How big is the tractor? Do you think it can fit in trunk of car? I ask b/c I will have a pretty full car on my way home as I am currently picking up items from a 6 month stay in CA that were still in movers storage when I came home the first time. And with the birds in side the car I think car interior will be full, whick would leave the trunk....

3. flakey chick

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    The tractor foot print is 4 X 6. The top part comes off and is 2 X 4. It would NOT fit in a car. I designed it so it can be taken apart for easy cleaning. Here are a couple of pictures on flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3458110780/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2957338860/

edited to fix link and add:
    I am not sure about being done with chickens, BUT I need a break to recover from my loss. I am happy to give the tractor and food with them so they can have something familiar in their new home.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  4. raiderbabe239

raiderbabe239 &hearts; Hatchaholic &hearts;

Jun 19, 2009
    Fort Myers, Fl
    Hi did you find homes for them yet? i live in fort myers not sure how far that is from gainesville

5. flakey chick

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    Yes the girls are spoken for. Thanks BYC members for all the kind offers. I am sure my birds will now have a happy home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by