Free Olive Egger Roosters in East Central WI

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by nonsuch, Dec 6, 2012.

1. nonsuch

nonsuch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Poy Sippi, WI
    I have two 1 1/2 year old Olive Egger Roosters that I'd like to place in good homes, preferably for a home flock. They originally came from "Chicken Scratch Farm" in Southern Illinois. One is black with irridescent green feathers and the other is black with birchen hackels and saddle, he also has a muff. They are crosses between Ameraucanas and Marans. Local pick up only. Quality homes a must.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Englishsettlement

Englishsettlement Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2011
    stoughton, wisconsin
    i am intrested in your roosters you have, i have a small hatchery and we are looking for birds to get ready for the hatching season, our birds are spoiled. mes me if you think i might be able to help you.

3. Beautiful!

4. nonsuch

Mar 22, 2011
    Poy Sippi, WI
    Hi, I just saw your post. Yes, please tell me more about how they would be kept (inside/outside, free range, etc). Currently, they are in a separate coop with an attached A-framed run. During decent weather, they are allowed to roam about the fenced yard several times per week. Are you currently raising Olive Eggers? They came from Chicken Scratch Farm which has many lovely birds. I do not want them to end up in the stew pot.

5. Pick up or ship?

6. nonsuch

Mar 22, 2011
    Poy Sippi, WI
    Hi, I'll have to either have someone pick them up or meet them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by