Free: one month old white silkie rooster

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by litljenarey, Sep 8, 2012.

1. litljenarey

litljenarey Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2012
    Venice, Florida
    Beautiful white silkie. One month old. We were hoping he was a she but "Sophie" has been caught crowing at 7am the past several days. We can't have roosters so he needs to find a good home quickly.
    Great personality, very loving and would be a great daddy. He takes care of all the younger chicks in the brooder. This was one of my favorites!! [​IMG]

Local pickup only. Sarasota, Florida. I will be willing to travel Tampa to Fort Myers for the right home.

sorry the pictures are blurry, I couldn't get him to stop moving.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  2. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Wow!! That must be a record! A four week old silkie crowing....

Sorry you are having to rehome your favorite. Seems like the sweetest ones always end up being roos [​IMG]

3. litljenarey

litljenarey Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2012
    Venice, Florida
    LOL! I know! I'm new to chickens, he's my first and I got him at 5 days old. It took me a while to figure out which chick was doing it. The sound he made the first few days was terrible. I thought someone was choking. He would do it once, maybe twice, but as soon as the lights came on, everyone was awake and the crowing stopped. Then someone told me that sometimes chicks argue and make weird noises so I figured it was that because I didn't expect crowing until 4 or 5 months old.
    Now its a definite crow.
    I woke up a little before 7 yesterday and hid on the couch and waited. He woke up, stood on the little stick we have for a roost and crowed. Almost like he was showing off, he did it about 5 times. Stood up as tall as he could and spread his wings and kinda puffed himself up and did it once more.

4. mystdogs

mystdogs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2012
    Ocala, FL
    Can you get any better pictures of him? Where did he come from, breeder?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by