FREE Pallets....what to use them for?!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cindiloohoo, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I have been given 15 pallets if I will come and get them and more later if I want them. I have a decent coop, and nest boxes, and a seperate area for goats/kidding stall area. I have been looking for ways to make extra money. I wonder what I could make to sell with these? I haven't got plans for them yet, but was wondering what might be the best way to use these. How would I use them to get the most out of them? Does anyone have any plans for building coops/nest boxes/etc. that you wouldn't mind sharing? I don't want to waste them building here when I really don't need them for anything in particular. I would LOVE a bigger coop, but will do that when the finances are straight. It is taking a lot of effort to not want to use these for myself!!!! I know you all know what I mean [​IMG] Any ideas of recycling these into something marketable? I could sell whatever I decide on at our local flea market.

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Bonfire!!!!!!!!!

3. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:[​IMG] NOOOO!!! LOL!!! I need to use them to build something to sell, but I dunno what....

4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    omg really? you could build a coop EASILY. [​IMG] i can add pics if you want

5. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    I'll bring the marshmallows. [​IMG]

6. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Yes please! I'm excited!! I can get a lot of pallets from this guy. he was gonna burn them! I may also be getting some metal shelves he has discarded! Maybe could use them for roofs or something? Thanks and pics pleeeassssse [​IMG]

7. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    forget it

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  8. schmije

schmije Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Peoria, IL
    We used four pallets to make a compost bin. DH stood three of them up to make a three sided enclosure. He propped the fourth one across the opening to make a slanted 'lid'. It's easy to pull the top off if we need to get into it, and when I have scraps, I just dump them through the slats in the top. It keeps the dogs out, and one of the pallets is missing a slat, so the chickens can squeeze in and scratch it all up. Sorry, but I don't have a pic of it.

9. mrsloveall

mrsloveall New Egg

Dec 20, 2009
    make two-stage compost bins out of 5 pallets. You may need to cut the dividing middle pallet down some so its easier to throw/shovel the "ready" compost into the ready to use side.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by