1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free Peafowl In Florida!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Yoda, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Yoda

Yoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Southington, CT
  2. Wolrep

Wolrep Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    thanks for the heads up not to far from me. already sent them a message.

3. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    California
    Wow they're trying to find homes for 200 peas!
    Hope some more of you Florida people can give them good homes.

4. frenchblackcopper

frenchblackcopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    East central Illinois
    I bet they have Cameos,,whites,,just what I need here too,,:(

5. As I understand it they are all mostly blues, spaldings and some whites.

6. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Wow 200 free ranging peas is WOW just WOW poor things probably been free all their lives and now they are going to be restrained, it saddens me [​IMG] don't know why they let it get so out of hand, i mean come on yall we all know what difficulties even penned peas go threw trying to rear a clutch, imagine if they were not protected by you.

I hope some of you all here are able to give some of them good homes and if any of you do i surly will be expecting some photos don't ya know.......[​IMG]

7. Wolrep

Wolrep Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    She wrote back to me tonight and she said i was on the list and will be able to come get some when they are ready. They are just waiting for the clearance to catch them now.

8. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    California
  9. featherhead

featherhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2008
    Kentucky, USA
    The pet adoption site petfinder usually has peafowl available in various areas of the country. Because these birds are managed by animal control facilities with very limited budgets, they cannot ship to you. (Plus, they wouldn't know how to do it properly anyway, so that's probably a good thing.) Go to petfinder.com, click on "bird", then "peafowl" or peacock, then enter your zip code. They usually have photos and very few shelter personnel know there are many color/pattern varieties in peafowl. Good luck, and hope everyone gets some beautiful birds.

10. Yoda

Yoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Southington, CT
    I am sorry featherhead but this thread is for finding homes for those caught in Florida so they do not get destroyed. They are FREE to anyone who wants them. Petfinder charges a fee of $35 and those birds are not in danger of being destroyed. If anyone is interested in saving them contact the person through franktrade.com and when your birds are ready take a road trip. This is a great oppertunity for some people who wanted to get some feafowl but couldn't afford the high prices of the birds plus shipping. You can get a nice pair or trio for the cost of a tank of gas. Sorry I am a pea lover and would like to see all of them find homes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by