Free peeps in CT

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bestponymilo, May 8, 2009.

1. bestponymilo

bestponymilo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    A fox recently ate 6 of my chickens [​IMG] A wonderful friend of mine visited the next day with...24 replacements.

While I love them, that is way too many peeps for my little coop. They are the "assorted reds" from Tractor Supply, and I have no idea if they are straight run or not. They are probably about 3 weeks old, still need to be brooded. Looking to place half a dozen, but def can re-home more then that if someone wants more.

Free to good home, the only catch is you have to pick up this weekend. I'm leaving for vacation on Wed, so they need new homes ASAP.

E. Granby CT

2. Becky_H

Becky_H Chillin' With My Peeps

Just going to pop in and say that if they're 'assorted reds' from TSC, they're probably red-sex links (IME) which should at least make it easy to sort the hens (red) from the roosters (yellow). It was sad: my TSC didn't even realize there was a difference, even knowing what they were. I wonder about those places sometimes.

3. bestponymilo

bestponymilo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    They are all red color. Some are a lighter cinnamon, the others a darker red with brown-ish bits [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by