FREE! PLEASE Take Dutch! BR Roo, FREE-pickup Fannin Co. GA /Plz take!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Jul 3, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Dutch is just over two years old. He has the broad, deep chested body type that is missing in many BRs these days. He is missing one spur which will never grow back (snapped off at the root). He has never been sick one day in his life. One wattle is a bit scabby from his nitpicking women but we've put bag balm on it and it should be fine soon.
    Dutch has developed an attitude toward me and only me at this late stage of life (long story, but it's an issue between me and him stemming from a situation last year that resulted in frustration for him), so we are taking the chance that someone will want him. If you make dinner out of him, no problem, I don't care, but my DH was on the way to the woods with a trussed up Dutch and a gun and I told him we could try this first--he really loved Dutch and I hate for him to have to kill him.
    Dutch is the son of my late Hawkeye with Lexie and throws beautiful kids. Please take Dutch so my heartbroken DH won't have to do this. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Anyone considering taking Dutch, I have met him and he is an awesome rooster. Very good with his girls and to them. He just has an issue with speckledhen. If you want a good BR roo and are not intimidated by big broad roos...Dutch is the roo for you. And he makes awesome babies.

3. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Dagnabbit woman!! Why couldn't this have happened 4 months earlier! I'd have taken him in a New York second! [​IMG] [​IMG] *sigh* Well, you know I just have to ask it. What exactly was his frustration with you last year that is finally resulting in mutiny on Dutch's part this year? **In my best warning voice** WHAT DID YOU DO???? [​IMG] Darnit! I would have given my eyeteeth to take him 4 months ago Cyn. I really would have! In a heartbeat! But I have Brutus and Chief now, and well.....my heart belongs to those to goofy little men! [who aren't so little any more btw. [​IMG] ] Aw gawds! This is breaking my heart! I would have given anything to take him off of your hands earlier. I have two other sweet little guys that I have to find homes for soon myself as it is. DH would skin me alive for taking on another roo! [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

He was scabby from fighting with his brother, Mace, and the girls refused to quit stalking him to chomp on his wattles. We removed him every night so when he was roosting, they couldn't keep on eating him a bite at a time. Every night, he'd stand and be picked up and moved to his nightly coop. One day when I carried him over to it, he whirled around and bit me hard for the first time (well, since he was an 8 week old chick). Then it was on. He looked at me differently, even though DH took him away from the girls as many times as I did. So that is the way it started. Before that, he was a sweet, tame guy with me.

5. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I guess I'll take that as a future lesson learned with my two boys. Never deny them access to their ladies no matter what! I just hope the damage hasn't already been done with Brutus. The whole mob of the boys have been picking on FussyButt this past week. She's just too dang old for these shenanigans and so I have been intervening on her behalf. Right up to and including the point when Brutus finally had successfully mounted her yesterday, and I plucked him right off of her back! [​IMG] Boy! Was he ever surprised! [​IMG] I sure hope he forgets all about that little incident. So far it seems that he has as he's still being a wonderful and sweet little man. [​IMG]

6. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    I wished I lived closer and had not already gotten a rooster. he is so great looking. I hope you find a home for him.

7. speckledhen

Thanks, Pam. I hope someone claims him soon. Although I know a couple folks around here who would probably take him, I'd rather it be a BYC member. Even though he and I have had a conflict, I still want him taken care of. I'd rather cull him myself than send him to a horrible place after what he's been used to. If he acts up at the new place and is culled, then that's fine, but at least we wouldn't have to do it.

8. Peep Talk

Peep Talk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    I wish I lived close! I would have given him a very good home and if he started acting up, he just would have been tolerated. For some reason, I like problem roos. [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

Wish you did, too! Dutch may never be a problem with anyone else except me, but obviously, I can't guarantee anything about him except that he is good with the girls and throws nice kids.

10. Peep Talk

Peep Talk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Loudon, PA
    I have an EE that is the same way. He treats his women beautifully, throws some nice colored chicks, and loves everyone but me because he has never forgiven me for taking his woman and babies away so they wouldn't get picked on. LOL! Dutch would fit in quite well here if only there was some way that I could get him here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by