FREE! PLEASE Take Dutch! BR Roo, FREE-pickup Fannin Co. GA /Plz take!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Jul 5, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Dutch is just over two years old. He has the broad, deep chested body type that is missing in many BRs these days. He is missing one spur which will never grow back (snapped off at the root). He has never been sick one day in his life. One wattle is a bit scabby from his nitpicking women but we've put bag balm on it and it should be fine soon.
    Dutch has developed an attitude toward me and only me at this late stage of life (long story, but it's an issue between me and him stemming from a situation last year that resulted in frustration for him), so we are taking the chance that someone will want him. If you make dinner out of him, no problem, I don't care, but my DH was on the way to the woods with a trussed up Dutch and a gun and I told him we could try this first--he really loved Dutch and I hate for him to have to kill him.
    Dutch is the son of my late Hawkeye with Lexie and throws beautiful kids. Please take Dutch so my heartbroken DH won't have to do this. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Oh Cyn, so sorry about Dutch! He sure is a handsome guy! I know all about having your heart broken by a chicken. Our dear Mr. Fancy Pants became VERY aggressive toward my DH and was about to become dinner, DH didn't have the heart to do it so he decided to just shoot him and give him a proper burial but couldn't bring himself to do that either. We were so lucky to find a game preservationist who was willing to take him and give him a good home. I so hope that someone will give your Dutch a chance [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

Thank you, Kathleen. It breaks my heart because he looks so much like his wonderful sire, but I just won't be put in a position to watch my back and carry weapons all the time. He doesn't do that to my DH, it's just me and has been for a year, though he quit for a very long time till the other day.

4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Dang it Cyn! I hate this for you. If I could get some of my Orps gone I would come get him and just keep 2 BR Flocks [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

Thanks, Karen. [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

Karen, you are such a life saver, literally.

7. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Awww Cyn, I am so happy for Dutch and you as well. I was just telling DH about your delima. I am so glad Karen can help!!

8. speckledhen

She owns Dutch's and Zane's brother Mace and quite a few of my BR hens. This sure made me breathe a sigh of relief.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by