1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free Plymouth Barred Rock roosters - South Carolina - TAKEN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by calee, Jul 6, 2008.

1. calee

calee Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2008
    Upstate, SC
    We have 2 FRIENDLY Plymouth Barred Rock roosters that need a home. They are about 7 weeks old. They are the first to the pen door and will let you rub their chests. They will hop up onto your wrist (falcon-style) and perch (chicken-style). The larger of the two watches out for the flock and follows me around more than any of our other chickens.

These are my husband's favorites, and he'd really love for someone to take them as keepers, so we'll give folks who'd be giving them a home preference if we get multiple responses.

We are in upstate SC- about 20 minutes from Spartanburg, 50 minutes from Greenville, and 90 minutes from Columbia.

We also have 2 RIR and 2 Black Australorp roos.

Please PM me if interested! I'll try to get photos up Monday or Tuesday night.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  2. calee

calee Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2008
    Upstate, SC
    Here is the whole flock:
    [​IMG]

Here are the Barred Rock roos:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    thier so cute,if you was closer my barred rock hens need a roo.

4. calee

calee Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2008
    Upstate, SC
    Yay! A really nice lady from my local Freecycle is taking all 6 of our roosters. I'm excited- she's had roosters before (20 or so at a time), and once she heard that they get along just fine in one enclosure together, she was happy to take them as a group. She said her family just likes to have an animal trail following behind them, that they aren't for the soup pot.

[​IMG]

Thank you, everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by