Free Polish Chickens in MD--pick up only!--Good home ONLY!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by [email protected]@2four, May 3, 2008.

1. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Hello all...we have a gorgeous golden laced Polish roo who for some reason can be kind of aggressive. I'm not sure if it's because it's mating season. He's not mean at all to hens--just doesn't like us to pick up his hens. He's a pretty boy! Here's his pic: http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/tboguski/?action=view&current=IMG_2593.jpg
    We
    just can't keep an aggressive bird with small children around. Plus, we don't have any golden hens for him. He hung out with our bantam polish hens for awile and was also sweet with them. We bought him at a local poultry show a few months ago--he was shown and won first in his breed. He'd be great for breeding and I'm sure he'd produce some pretty babies!! Whoever is interested, we request that you have atleast one hen for him. He needs a hen desperately! lol
    Lastly, we are offering a pair of buff Polish chickens. We bought these at an auction last month and they're not aggressive, but are skiddish. We like to scoop ours up and hold them, so we need to find a new home for them. Here's their pic:
    http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/tboguski/?action=view&current=IMG_2823.jpg
    The males tail feathers was worse than it is in the pic when we bought him, but they're starting to grow back and will fill out probably in the next few months. He must've had a scuffle at his other place. [​IMG] The hen is laying and her eggs are fertile--have some in my bator now.
    Please only serious inquiries. We live in Port Deposit, MD(21904). And only to a good and caring home. [​IMG] Thanks!
    God bless,
    Tracey

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  2. bptp731

bptp731 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    hey there I was wondering when my family pick up the goose is it possible for them to also pick up these? I would love to have these I do have several game hens now (I'm sure he would find them very cute) please get back to me as they are supposed to contact you for pick up this weekend?

3. M@M@2four

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    I PM'd You!!! [​IMG]

4. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Oh man I wish you were closer I would take all of them. That golden rooster is beautiful and I have couple golden polish hens that do need a roo. You wouldn't ship him would you [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  5. M@M@2four

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Perfectly_Polish~
    I PM'd you!

6. M@M@2four

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    The golden roo is gone--found him a good home with a sweet hen whose roo had died. She is so happy now! [​IMG] The people who took him e-mailed me pics of them together and said she seems very happy now. [​IMG] Thanks all!

7. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    [email protected]@2four :

The golden roo is gone--found him a good home with a sweet hen whose roo had died. She is so happy now! [​IMG] The people who took him e-mailed me pics of them together and said she seems very happy now. [​IMG] Thanks all!

I really wanted that little boy, but I'm glad he found a good home. Do you have any other polish that need homes? I'm always here [​IMG]

8. M@M@2four

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Quote:I really wanted that little boy, but I'm glad he found a good home. Do you have any other polish that need homes? I'm always here [​IMG]

I know---I'm SO sorry! It just would have been more hassle to have to order a box and ship him--these people live 15 minutes from me! I wished you lived closer! I would've loved to have given him to you. [​IMG] I hope you understand! [​IMG]
    God bless,
    Tracey

9. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    I understand [​IMG] I'm glad he found a good home, and he's close to you so you can always check up on him and it is less stress on him also. But if you have any other polish that need a home, let me know [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by