Free poultry calendar RANT

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cloverleaf Farm, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    ***EDIT*** upon further investigation, this is a local calendar that was put out by the Oregon Dept. of Ag.

BUT I saw it hanging in someone's house today (someone I didn't know well enough to take it off the wall and get the info off of it) and March is a picture of MY BIRD with SOMEONE ELSE'S name on it!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's the pic that's in it:

[​IMG]

He's a bantam blue salmon Faverolles, and the caption says "Salmon Faverolles by Sheila Elliott" (if I remember her name correctly, I was a little frazzled when I saw it).

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  2. patman75

patman75 Songster

I can see why someone stole his picture. He is very pretty. Sorry

3. andalusn

andalusn Songster

Sep 6, 2009
    Ridgefield, WA
    Just checked my "free" one from WSDA and march is wild bird a house finch and in the days grid section below were black cochin chicks around a feeder.

4. Quinn4321

Quinn4321 Songster

Aug 28, 2010
    P.A/M.D border, USA
    O NO! You should find out whoever is making the calendar and send them an email. AND find out whoever it was that took YOUR BIRD"S PICTURE and put it under THEIR NAME! If I were u I would be sooooooooooooooo mad!!

5. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:Yeah, not the USDA one, I think this one's put out by Purina...

Thanks patman, he's a pretty handsome dude. [​IMG] It's cool that they liked his pic so much they put it in the calendar, but it's SO irritating that someone else is taking credit for it. [​IMG]

6. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:yeah, I'm trying to find out. I know Wilco had it, but the Canby store is out of them, and their corporate office isn't open today (that's who they told me to call).

7. Stacykins

Stacykins Crowing

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Just because the calendar is free doesn't give purina and whoever gave it to purina the right to distribute YOUR property freely! Holy crap photo and art theft pisses me off like NO OTHER.

I know it is water under the bridge, but I suggest creating a watermark to go over your pictures. Sadly, to be useful, they must go over the body of the picture, but it can be done tastefully without being too imposing, but making it impossible to crop out and still have a useful photo to steal.

8. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:yeah, I have some pics watermarked....naturally, not this one.... [​IMG]

So, I guess I should add that if anyone knows a "sheila elliott" with chickens, you might see if she knows anything...lol...yeah right, there's probably 100 sheila elliotts out there....

9. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Crowing

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Oh no! That is so wrong.

10. chickenX

chickenX In the Brooder

Mar 1, 2011
    Long Beach
    i would certainly bring this to purina's attention.
    there might be a lifetime supply of chicken feed in it for ya!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: