Free range chick pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Dipsy Doodle Doo, Apr 21, 2008.

1. This group is has outgrown their brooder and I haven't built a new run --- so they get to play in the garden all day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then along came the 'homeless Serama' roos. They're usually underfoot in the garden so the chicks aren't afraid of them.

[​IMG]

This 'homeless EE' roo is kind of mean to the youngsters, so they scatter when he comes around [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lisa

2. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    What beautiful chickens. I think your little bare-necked chicks look like Moe from the three Stooges. They are so cute!!! [​IMG]

That rooster is so imposing, he looks like he "rools" the roost! [​IMG]

3. Cheep Mama

Cheep Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Michigan
    Awesome pictures!!! They are beautiful!!!

4. montana girl

montana girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2007
    Kalispell, Montana
    wow, thats incredible. I really wish I had a nice big place for my girls to run around. How fun!

5. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Lisa all of your birds are beautiful!

It is neat cause your frizzle and your silke look just like mine! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yea!

6. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    aw. How old are they?

7. Hi! Thanks! I think those are all between 8 and 11 wks --- there're 100+ in that group [​IMG]

I have to move them tonight.
    They are doing a number on the garden, lol. They got focused on a clump of iris today and pulled down every scape. I guess the petals fluttering in the breeze *looked* interesting.
    Then they wandered over to Hubby's early corn and did some nibbling on the sprouts. There's only so much I can blame on the indigenous cottontails [​IMG]

Lisa

8. RobinEgg

RobinEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    they really seem to be enjoying themselves...can't wait until my babies can go outside and scratch for their own worms.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by