Free Ranging at it's Finest! PIC HEAVY! Aoxa's chickens <3

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by aoxa, Sep 11, 2012.

1. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

It's been a while since I've posted my pictures in a thread all to itself.. Thought I'd share some of the recent pictures of my flock and my wonderful farm. We moved here April 13th (Friday the 13th!) and have been loving every second of the rural life! Our birds do agree. Note** The silkies have access outside the fence, but gaps prevent big chickens from going in. It's mostly to protect Steve (silkie male) from Jagger (big barred rock male). [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking! :D

2. jennyworley35

jennyworley35 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2012
    Elmore Alabama
    They are all so beautiful You have a good eye for photography too. Do you have a pond for the ducks or just the pool? we have a swamp behind the house and have thought abought ducks but not sure if they would stay I hear ducks out there but can't see them. affraid they would take off with them lol

3. aoxa

Just have the pool :) It's all they need really. Ducks don't even need that. As long as they can wash their faces, they are fine.

Thanks! I bought a camera just for taking pictures of my birds. They inspire me :love

4. memechick

memechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2012
    Concord, NH
    WOW ....... Aoxa ........ your birds are beautiful!! They all look happy too!! Thank you for posting these ......... I enjoyed looking at them.

5. aoxa

They are very happy :) They love free ranging. They spend their days taking dust baths and digging for worms in my garden. Every day is like Easter though. My ducks like to lay their eggs in the flower bed :lau

Thank you for commenting!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I enjoyed that! Wow! You have a lot of chickens! That naked neck looks like her wig fell down her neck. [​IMG]

7. aoxa

:lau Some of the boys look like they are sporting a mullet. Business in the front, party in the back! [​IMG]

8. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Great photos! Is your turkey snuggling up to your leg in one photo? I love the one of your geese, too. Keep trying to get photos that have your geese (or ducks) and your chickens together, that way you can submit them for 2014's calender and we can get some water fowl in there, too. I tried to take some photos of my chickens with the geese, but the geese tend to chase my chickens, so the photos have not turned out so far.

9. aoxa

I have tons of them together! :)

Yes the turkey is being a sook. She loves to snuggle. At least I think it's a she :p

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by