1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free Red Junglefowl Rooster mix ONLY to good home.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by arianna, Dec 7, 2010.

1. arianna

arianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    North Carolina
    I am giving away my 9 month old Red Junglefowl mix Rooster to good home only. This rooster is not for your soup.
    Red Junglefowl it is believe to be the descendant of all chickens. Originated from Asia, this beautiful rooster has the most popular image among domestic chickens. Beautiful bird, with an excellent pattern and great for breeding. I have this rooster from day one. He is very good with his hens, and an excellent guardian (always on the look), unfortunately I have two roosters and I decided to keep my Buff Brahma rooster because he is very gentle ( and since I have a three year old little girl who likes to pet the hens with me I can't have a rooster that is to protective with his hens).
    Raised on a large and comfortable run, fed on grain; grass (free range often); and scratch vegetables, he is very clean, healthy, and he NEVER had any lice , fleas, or any other poultry parasites or diseases.
    With his beautiful colored feathers and his imposing posture this rooster can be a jewel to any home. The pure breed normally sells anywhere between $100 and $700. I do not have his breeding history (parents) and I don't believe he's a pure breed.

Here's a link with more info on this breed. http://redjunglefowl.webs.com/forsale9110.htm
    you can also email at: [email protected]
    or call: 704-550-5653
    If you want him ship to you, I can check some prices. Local pick up preferable!

[​IMG]
    img]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/67374_gaini_007.jpg[/img]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]