FREE Red Silkie Bantam Rooster! 18 wks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CutestChickenFarmer, Nov 15, 2007.

1. CutestChickenFarmer

CutestChickenFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    Delaware
    Hi everybody, haven't posted in a while.

Seems that one of my chicks has grown up into a ROOSTER and on their 18-week birthday, started to crow! Definitely NOT cool in a suburban area!

Anyone wanting him who lives in the Delaware area, I will happily bring him to you! He's beautiful and I hate to part with him, but I just can't have a rooster where I live. [​IMG]

Susan

2. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Quote:Well update us, getting eggs yet?? how are the other 5 (if I remember right), and the big shepard?

3. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    I just came in to see the avatar. [​IMG]

4. CutestChickenFarmer

CutestChickenFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    Delaware
    Hi mdbucks! They all turned 18 weeks on Tuesday, and I've been waiting patiently for eggs - none yet. However, on that very Tuesday, Posh, my Silkie Bantam, made an effort to crow, so I've been somewhat consumed with finding him a new home. I probably have eggs all over my backyard somewhere! Hmm, maybe I oughta go look...

I posted him on Craigslist in my area, and within AN HOUR, someone offered to take him. She works near where I live and has a farm in Elkton, MD, so all's well that ends well!

The German Shepherd is doing great. He'll be 12 in January and was starting to limp around a bit due to arthritis, but he's on some good meds now, as well as a lot of vitamin supplements, so he should be improving soon.

I'd send updated pictures, but I got smashed at a Halloween party and lost my camera. [​IMG]

Maybe if I'm good, Santa will bring me another one! [​IMG]

Susan

5. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Cutiest,

I've been wondering about your chickens because we got our chickens on the same day. I haven't had any eggs yet either [​IMG]

Good luck,

jackie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by