FREE Rhode Island Red Rooster & an awesome laying Black Star Chicken

Harleylady

In the Brooder
5 Years
I have an 11 month old Rhode Island Red Rooster (can be aggresive) and an 11 month old Black Star Hen (one of my best layers who lays HUGE eggs) that I am willing to give away -- they are both causing too much trouble in the hen house. If you know of someone in the Grand Haven/West Olive/Holland, MI areas, please contact me -- I need to get them out of here soon so there is peace in my hen house again -- it is affecting my other 4 hens.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. If I didn't live so far away from you, I would love to have your Black Star. I've raised Black Sex Links (Black Stars) for years (along with dozens of other breeds), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year with double yolks not being uncommon. Have you considered putting some pinless peepers on your two hens? It will prevent them from pecking at the other hens while still allowing them to use their peripheral vision to eat and drink. If you're not familiar with pinless peepers you can see them at https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/pinless_peepers.html. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your two hens.

If you advertise them in Craig's list, I'm sure someone will take them quickly. The rooster may end up as dinner, but a hen laying huge eggs will appeal to people.

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
woot.gif

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home!

I love my Black Stars as well but can't have this attitude issue with this hen & my rooster --- not getting attacked by them again!!!!! I may have to get rid of the rest of my chickens, which breaks my heart, but it depends on where I can find to move to as my house is for sale. Bummed about that for sure.

I love my Black Stars as well but can't have this attitude issue with this hen & my rooster --- not getting attacked by them again!!!!! I may have to get rid of the rest of my chickens, which breaks my heart, but it depends on where I can find to move to as my house is for sale. Bummed about that for sure.

I'm really sorry about that. I hope you can move to where you can still have chickens. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom