Free RIR (Hen)/California Leghorn Cross Chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sequoiacyclist, Jun 21, 2010.

1. sequoiacyclist

sequoiacyclist Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Visalia, CA
    8 Free RIR (Hen)/California Leghorn Cross day old Chicks. They came from egg producers so they should be excelent layers of brown eggs. Straight run. I used these little guys to test out my incubator and was very surprised when 8 of them hatched. They are absolutely the sweetest little things! Currently I am at capacity in my run so I have to let these little guys go.

Local Pickup only. I am in Central California. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks!

2. TACEYPERKINS

TACEYPERKINS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Medford,Oregon
    Do you know anyone that is comming down to southern Ca. I would love to have them!~ Tacey

3. sequoiacyclist

May 29, 2010
    Visalia, CA
    Gosh, not that I know of. If you are really interested I can keep them for a few weeks for you. They are as cute as a button!

4. tammyd57

tammyd57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Arrgh! [​IMG] Wouldn't ya know my coop is way over capacity already when an opportunity like this comes up. That sounds like an interesting cross and I would love to have them, just no room! And I only live about 20-25 minutes away from you too...............[​IMG]

5. sequoiacyclist

May 29, 2010
    Visalia, CA
    Shucks! So you don't live far? That is awesome. [​IMG] I was starting to think that I was the only one here from the central valley. Everyone else I see on here is from the San Diego/LA area or the Bay area. [​IMG] I wanted to offer the little guys on here before I did on craigslist, but it is starting to look like I will be doing the later of the two after I return home from vacation.

6. tammyd57

tammyd57 Chillin' With My Peeps

I live just on the other side of Pixley from you. I do most of my shopping in Tulare & Visalia.
    And you're right, there don't seem to be many BYC'ers in this area, even though EVERYbody around here has chickens.
    I'm planning on adding a coop/run by next Spring so I can have more chickens, but that's MONTHS away! I have plenty of room for all the chickens I could ever want, just need to be able to house them all.

7. pkw

pkw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    I live in Kern County about a 2.5 hour drive one way from Visalia. I have been thinking about your chicks. I'll bet they are so pretty.

8. sequoiacyclist

May 29, 2010
    Visalia, CA
    Ah Yes. Well let me know if you want them. I will be away on vacation on next Thursday for a few weeks, so they will be going to my mothers house during that time if they are not taken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by