Free Roo and Hens(3 yo) in Youngstown Ohio

Mattemma

Crowing
10 Years
Aug 12, 2009
I have been thinking about rehoming my roo and hen.Still not sure I can make the leap and do it. I did however wanted to post to see if there was even anyone interested in them due to their age,or someone close enough to get them.

The roo is excellent in behavior,.Never attacked a person.Nice with the ladies.Watches and warns for the hawks.His name is Jackie Chan or Jack Sparrow depending on his *activities*.Jack for short.

The hens are 1 RSL that is 4yo and 4 EE's that are 3.Brown egg and blue/green eggs,The RSL is Bea.Then there is the fuzzy faces Broken Toe and Poopy face.The other 2 are Strip and No Name.

Finances are in the red as of late,and dh is asking me to rehome most of the animals. The chickens would be free.Any feed,grit,oyster I would ask about $15 for it all. I just opened a bag of layer pellets Monday. I have scratch,grit,and oyster shell and a little BOSS.Even a bag of red lake DE somewhere in the garage.

I would need it to be a pick up at my home during the day,or maybe I can swing meeting in a parking lot somewhere close while the kids are in school.Not sure I have the boxes for that.

Anyway if anyone is interested let me know.Like I said I am still thinking on it.

Thanks for the offer,but I would hate for Jack to get killed.He does like to crow,so I am hoping to find someone who can allow that.You wrote that you plan to cull roos that got loud.He is such a good roo to people and hens.It would be a waste to cull such a good one.Best wishes with your buckeyes!

I would keep the hens my friend in copley wants jack. But if you have someone else thats fine

If it was up to me I would keep roosters too but Akron doesn't allow that
sad.png

Hi . I joined when yahoo pulled up your post searching for chicks. We unfortunately lost our flock recently from a
Fox/raccoon combo disaster. I live in the country north of Salem and used to roosters that crow whenever they
Feel like it. Our coop is being reinforced awaiting chicks we will be getting end of the month but the more
the merrier. We are also building additional smaller coop for separating. Our chickens are pets never food even
If we have to feed them for years and don't get any eggs.

Haven't been on byc since last summer.Sorry I did not pull this post. I gave away my older flock and 2 chicks on craigs. I just have 4 hens that just turned 1 that I am keeping.

Check craigs. I see chickens for cheap.Roosters usually free. I still miss my rooster.Wish we lived in the country.

yea just seen your ad , i live in canfiel and am looking for some free hens that will live out there life in a good place ,.

Back
Top Bottom