1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free room for Chattahoochee Tech student in Paulding County, Ga

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Granolamom, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Granolamom

Granolamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Dallas
    I've been looking to have a live-in Nanny/housekeeper for quite a while now, who will watch my kids and animals on 2 days per week, in exchange for free rent (Saturday and Monday, while Hubby and I are at work), but have not found anyone who "fits our family". (On several occasions, when prospective roomies see my "fuzzy Seven" in the yard,they get a funny look on their face, and basically run off. So, I thought I'd see if any of my chicken friends on BYC have a relative or friends who goes to
    Chattahoochee Tech (Paulding Co. Campus), which is 5 minutes from our house.
    We are offering a really nice, brandnew, furnished room with adjoining bath (room overlooks green backyard and our brandnew chicken coop;)), rent free, in exchange for 2 days of child- and animal care (so far, 7 chickens and 2 cats, but working on getting 2 goats, as well...).
    I'm just going to put this out there, and we'll see if anything happens!

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Wow...sounds like a great deal. Hopefully you will find a good fit.

3. Granolamom

Sep 9, 2008
    Dallas
    Quote:Thanks, Wifezilla! I really hope we'll find someone through our trusty BYC peeps:)

4. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    That's an awesome deal for a college student!

5. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Have you posted an ad at the college? There might even be an early childhood education major that would fit.

6. Granolamom

Sep 9, 2008
    Dallas
    Quote:Yep, I posted one 6 months ago, and an Early-Childhood-Ed student inquired about the room. She came by, loved the room, loved my kids even more, then saw Chuck, our rooster, strutting his stuff in the front yard (when I saw THAT LOOK on her face, I already knew...[​IMG]), and we never heard from her again. My hubby's niece came to see the room, too, and then asked me, if I'd consider "keeping the chickens penned up".[​IMG]
    Come on, chicken people!!! Send me some student relatives, who love chickens, and perhaps even wouldn't mind helping me milk my goats, once I get them!!!!!

7. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Who knew a few chickens and a rooster would be such a biggie? [​IMG] I hope you find just the right match!

8. griffin45

griffin45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    South Central Virgina
    I hope you find someone... I will be looking at some point myself, but I think I will look for a vet student here that needs a place for the summer!

9. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    That's a great deal. Kids today amaze me. I'd jump at that in a minute.
    How old are your kids?

10. Granolamom

Sep 9, 2008
    Dallas
    Quote:They're 3 and 6. Wanna come live with us...?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by