FREE ROOS/COCKERELS IN PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bugladyleah, May 6, 2008.

1. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Songster

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Hey all...I am going to try to post this one more time in hopes I can find a home for at least a few of these guys so they don't have to go to the livestock auction on Mon. They are all FREE, prefer pick-up only in SW PA (about an hour south of Pittsburgh). I have several bantam cochin cockerels, about 12 weeks old (approx.), several EE roos (last year's hatch and a 2 y.o.). The cochins look like they are going to be pretty nice, heavy leg feathering, nice rumps. Two are white (one may end up being a frizzle???) and the other is a splash. The EE are orange/black, grey/reddish/cream. None are aggressive to people. I just have too many and my hens are getting beat up. Thanks, Leah

2. riderken

riderken In the Brooder

Jan 29, 2008
    N.W. Mo.
    I am interested I wonder what shipping would be for
    one of those EE Roosters.

3. riderken

riderken In the Brooder

Jan 29, 2008
    N.W. Mo.
    how about some pics

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  4. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Songster

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Hey Rider...I imagine shipping would be pretty expensive, especially if you had to buy a box. These guys are fully grown and I would guess that they weigh maybe 5-6 pounds or so?? So I would think shipping would be around 30.00/40.00??? I have never shipped birds before and unless you already have a bio-box that you could ship me, I think it would probably be too expensive to be practical. You would probably be looking at 50-60 dollars with the box and everything. Where are you located??

5. riderken

riderken In the Brooder

Jan 29, 2008
    N.W. Mo.
    St Joseph ,Mo
    I yes i would say you are right .I am going to check on it. and yes i do not need a rooster that bad. not 50 worth for sure .but might be fun what is your zip. for pricing just for the heck of it.

6. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Songster

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Hello again...my zip is 15332.

7. riderken

riderken In the Brooder

Jan 29, 2008
    N.W. Mo.
    Priority mail is 12.95.can you check on that at your end i called the post office here. And Express is 33.80
    my shipping is 64437

8. ams3651

ams3651 Songster

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    love roosters but too far away, but I'll bump it for you

9. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Songster

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    Hey Rider...Have you looked into prices on boxes? You would need a "bio-box" to ship and I would imagine it would have to be express mail...so it would wind up being probably at least 50 dollars....

10. ajcress

ajcress Songster

Dec 14, 2007
    Masontown, WV
    where are you located in Pa?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: