FREE ROOS Pauls Valley, Oklahoma (no shipping)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ajr, Jan 8, 2010.

1. ajr

ajr Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2009
    Oklahoma
    TOO MANY ROOSTERS!! I must reduce the rooster population and I don't have the heart to eat them.

I have one rooster that is about 8-9 months old. His mother was a Dominique and his father a beautiful red mixed breed rooster. He has the Dominique color(except one red feather) and size. He is very beautiful but much too big and "active" for my small hens. He is not very tame, but not mean either. He weighed about 7lbs. last I weighed him.

I also have two roosters that are almost 4 months old. Both have been crowing for several weeks now and they must go to separate places because they do not like each other! They are smaller in size. They have been locked up in the shed for the cold spell we've had so they are tame enough that they will eat out of my hand.

I also have a couple of older cochin mixed breed roosters. Not sure of their age.

I will try to get pictures for anyone interested or if you live close enough you can come take a look for yourself.

2. michaeldaugherty

michaeldaugherty Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    I would like to buy thim if wernt so far i live in Anadarko. They are having a chicken sale tonite in Alex fair barn at 7. An one in Blanchard sat.nite lots of BYC"rs go ther lookn for birds.

3. ajr

ajr Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Here are the pictures of the roosters mentioned earlier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. michaeldaugherty

michaeldaugherty Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    It looks like you take verry good care of thim they would make nice pets.

5. b52fizzle

b52fizzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2009
    Blanchard
    do you still have?

6. ajr

ajr Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Yes! No takers yet. Thinking of taking to a sale Jan. 30th. Are you interested in any??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by