FREE! Roosevelt-Hefty OrpX Cutie-Roo FREE!! N. Ga. Mtns.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Jul 16, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

This very hefty 10- week old cockerel is out of a Blue Orp rooster (Suede) over RIR/Buff Orp hen (Meg, who is out of exhibition size Buff Orp stock).
    Though his name is Roosevelt, he is affectionately known as "Baby Huey" and is 1/3 larger than his pure Orp brother and has an awesomely beautiful comb developing.
    His broody mama is done with him so I need him to have a nice home where he can belong. He's living in the Old Ladies' coop right now. Don't want him to be here at mating age as he will be too large for those girls.

The newest feathers coming in are flaming red-orange like his mama, so he may be a good start on a red Orpington project for someone.

Pickup only, won't ship. I'm in Fannin County, GA, right at the NC line.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

I just used Mapquest to see how far it is from me to a city close to you... here to Copperhill, TN is 309 miles. Man oh man. He is just so gorgeous!

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Cattitude..he would be worth the drive...I just saw him at 8 weeks old and he is stunning! I drove the 300+ miles for my Orp babies, his siblings. They are not as big as this boy.

4. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

My partner in Chicken Math has just obtained the long-term use of a 3-section chicken house with run... the possibilities begin to unfold...

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Roosevelt is becoming such a big boy now. He is living peaceably in the old ladies' coop, except for my banty Cochin, who loves to beat up on Nugget and hence, Roosevelt, since he is usually near Nugget. He does very well in there, but I just want him to be out before he begins looking at the old girls with romance on his mind.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by