FREE! Roosevelt-Hefty OrpX Cutie-Roo FREE!! N. Ga. Mtns.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Jul 19, 2010.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

This very hefty 10- week old cockerel is out of a Blue Orp rooster (Suede) over RIR/Buff Orp hen (Meg, who is out of exhibition size Buff Orp stock).
    Though his name is Roosevelt, he is affectionately known as "Baby Huey" and is 1/3 larger than his pure Orp brother and has an awesomely beautiful comb developing.
    His broody mama is done with him so I need him to have a nice home where he can belong. He's living in the Old Ladies' coop right now. Don't want him to be here at mating age as he will be too large for those girls.

The newest feathers coming in are flaming red-orange like his mama, so he may be a good start on a red Orpington project for someone.

Pickup only, won't ship. I'm in Fannin County, GA, right at the NC line.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

A bird that big would be great for a project to make your own meaties (or big chickens!) .... Just sayin' ....

3. Rodeoclown1189

Rodeoclown1189 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2009
    East TN
    i wish you could deliver a little ways. i really want this guy

4. speckledhen

I'm sorry, but we are counting pennies after having to replace our well pump, tank and wiring last week to the tune of almost $1300. Can't afford to go anywhere but grocery store, feed store and doctor. [​IMG]

5. Rodeoclown1189

Rodeoclown1189 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2009
    East TN
    wow you spent one pretty penny on that... ill have to make a very special trip to see you soon gotta talk to my fiance first tho.

6. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm planning, I'm manipulating the budget, I'm trying to fit a road trip in on the first week of August, if Roosevelt is still available then! Lovely boy! I have a nice large Buff Orp hen waiting for you, and hoping to come up with a few more ladies!

7. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    He's real pretty..got to see him when we picked up Levi I don't have any ladies for him or he would have rode shotgun home with Levi.I can't believe someone hasn't snatched him up yet.BTW Levi is quite the ladies guy now.It's not a bad trip at all from TN..we made a few extra stops along the way but ended with a 700 mile round trip day trip...and over a dozen birds-made the most out of that trip that I could.If you go through C'Nooga stop at Nickajack lake for lunch they have nice picnic tables and shade..even cookers if you want to cook out and a place to swim..or of coarse there is always the river but that was so crowded it really didn't look like much fun.
    Watch those GA police officers though with TN tags on your car they will harass you..just tell them your in GA to get chickens [​IMG] maybe you will meet the same one he's real close to Cynthia's so he's heard it before.[​IMG]
    kind of went like this..what are you doing in GA..getting a chicken...officer laughs..Hubby says He's a real nice chicken..where you going?Home after we go get a few more chickens..never did figure out why the officer was laughing [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Would have loved to have known what the cop was thinking, LOL.

Adding pics of the parents, Meg (red girl) and Suede (big blue rooster)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. bjreeve2000

bjreeve2000 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2009
    lawrenceville
    hi, im interested in your rooster? i live just south of gainesville,ga. do you have any other chickens for sale at this time? what city are you located in?

10. speckledhen

I'm in Mineral Bluff, at the NC line. I used to live in Dacula--I saw Lawrenceville in your location under your avatar. From my current house to my last house in Dacula, near Mall of GA, it was 113 miles.

At the moment, I don't have any others available, sorry. Do you have other birds? A safe coop for this guy?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by