1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free rooster in PENNSYLVANIA

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by dutchchickenss, Jan 5, 2016.

1. dutchchickenss

dutchchickenss Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2016
    I have a 6 week old barred rock x light brahma rooster. As of now, he is very nice, used to being handled everyday, and hasn't crowed yet. Unfortunately we wont have any more room for him as he gets bigger. We may be willing to ship him. He needs to go SOON!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  2. dutchchickenss

Jan 5, 2016
    Also here is a picture of him:)

[​IMG]

3. LehighCounty4-H

LehighCounty4-H Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2015
    Macungie, Pa
    i live in Pa also I can take him!

4. LehighCounty4-H

Mar 19, 2015
    Macungie, Pa
    he looks great! i have my 12 girls and one rooster who love new freinds also i have 2 pheasants i live in Macungie PA

5. dutchchickenss

Jan 5, 2016

Glad to hear that your interested. I live 30 minutes from Pittsburgh and it looks like you might be about 4 hours away. If you're still willing to take him it might be best to ship unless you want to meet halfway.

6. LehighCounty4-H

Mar 19, 2015
    Macungie, Pa
    sorry for the delayed response i was on vacation
    how would you ship him if hes still avaiable

7. dutchchickenss

Jan 5, 2016

Yes he's still available. He's already getting big and very beautiful. I've never shipped a chicken before, but I'm looking into it right now. I'll get back to you asap when I know how. We'll try to call the post office Monday or Tuesday.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  8. LehighCounty4-H

Mar 19, 2015
    Macungie, Pa
    okay thank you! Im with our counties 4-H poultry club and if we do receive him hes going to be used as a show bird and our 4-H project for the year!

9. dutchchickenss

Jan 5, 2016
    That's great! I'm glad to know he's going to be well taken care of.

10. emily710

emily710 Just Hatched

May 25, 2016
    Anyone looking for a young too? I bought 6 chicks from the "Pullet" bins at Tractor Supply and ended up with two roosters. They are both family raised and have been handled. Black Austrolops and shiny grin tinge to their feather. My neighbors don't mind if I keep one so I'm looking to rehome the other. He's the boss of the group and has shown no agression yet except the occasional chest bump to the other Roo. Free to a good home! Will even deliver to a within reasonable distance or able to meet. We are near Pottstown Pa[​IMG][/IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by