free rooster

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by warnerchickens, Nov 6, 2009.

1. warnerchickens

warnerchickens New Egg

Nov 6, 2009
    We are parting with our Rooster. He is a good rooster. Less than a year old. He is getting more assertive which is good for him to do, but he came after my wife the other day and she is not really comfortable around him anymore, so we’ve decided he should go. He has not been had any incidents with anyone else and has been well behaved other than that incident, but we don’t plan on having chicks, anyway and don’t really need one to protect the chickens. We got our chicks straight run and one of them just turned out to be a rooster. I’ve attached a picture or links to a picture of him.

We’ll give him free to anyone who is interested and can come and get him. We are in Warner NH

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. chickenlove2009

chickenlove2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Woodlawn, Tn
    I wish I could have him, he is beautiful

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Hi [​IMG] and [​IMG]

May I ask what breed he is ??

Looks like a OEGB ?

Let me know, we are in Bridgewater, NH about 15 mins from you !!

Feel free to email also at [email protected]

4. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Might help if people knew where you were located too.

5. blazingsaddles

blazingsaddles NH Director of Swaps

May 13, 2009
    hooksett NH
    [​IMG] very nice roo hope you find him a good home and [​IMG]

6. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:If you look in there post it says they are located in Warner, NH [​IMG]

7. darbella

darbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:If you look in there post it says they are located in Warner, NH [​IMG]

Yes, I also see Warner, NH as the location!

8. darbella

darbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Oh, I see you have a Wee Forest Folk mouse there!!! I used to paint those little critters for the company. They are located in Mass. and I would pick up my3 or 4 dozen or so mice each week and they actually put the dozens mice into egg cartons!! LOL, however, the detail involved in painting them perfectly is so tedious on the eyes that after several years of painting them, I needed to get glasses and my vision is now ruined! Arggggg! But they are the cutest things! Out of every dozen all of us artists would paint only 80% would be accepted because they are so finniky with the painting! but that is a good thing!

9. warnerchickens

warnerchickens New Egg

Nov 6, 2009
    Hi everyone: we found a good home for thunder (our rooster). He'll be going to a place with a bigger space and 10 hens to protect so he will love that! thanks!

10. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Glad he got a good home!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by