free roosters in san antonio texas!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by galwaybay, Mar 1, 2009.

1. galwaybay

galwaybay Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2008
    I have some well-behaved (don't attack humans!) roosters that I need to find a good home for. I will deliver if it is within a 45 min drive of san antonio texas. I got the wrong order from a hatchery last summer and now I have too many! Loppy is a nice red game rooster about 1 1/2 years old. He is extremely sociable. Also, there is 1 gold phoenix, two brown silkies, and 1 cubalaya that need to go and are about 9 months old. Please call me if interested @ (210) 286-5820. I hardly check my e-mail, so please just call me. My name is Sarah. I do not want any money for them!!!

2. sarahloveschickens

sarahloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Its very hard to sell roosters. I would try to sell some on craigslist I always get luck on there [​IMG]

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Do you have a photo of your cubalaya rooster, and did he come from Ideal?

4. galwaybay

galwaybay Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2008
    No, I am an idiot when it comes to taking pictures! I actually have quite a few cubalaya roosters and it is very hard to part with one of them, but I have to! The hens are terrific! Yes, he did come from ideal. Some of my roos are better than others, but I am not claiming that he is show quality (might be, thruthfully I dont know). He is extremely personable though and very pretty!

5. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    You don't have to sell me on the cubalaya, I raise them! [​IMG] I love their personalities and their flashy coloring. Never had one yet that was mean to people.

What colors do you have? I may be able to arrange something as I will be down your way come spring break.

Ideal sells black breasted red and blue/reds, but there've been reports of folks getting blue/golds out of the blue/reds.

6. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Sarah, I am interested in a few of these boys.
    On the Red Game, do you know if he OEGB, OGB, AGB, or....
    I noticed on another thread you also listed a bantam Black Cochin and a Gold Seabright. Also I am interested in the Golden Phoenix.
    Let me know. Thanks [​IMG]

Grace

7. Poultry Palace

Poultry Palace Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Live Oak, Florida
    I definately want both the cubalaya, and the phoenix. If you still have them. I will call you. Or you can pm me back if you have them still. Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by