FREE roosters-- Lavender Ameraucana, Lemon Cuckoo Orpington, and Splash Orpington

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by cocoganger, Jan 14, 2017.

1. cocoganger

cocoganger Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    We have three roosters that need new homes ASAP. They are all absolutely gorgeous birds, and super friendly.

The Ameraucana is mature, he's crowing and doing his business, and still really friendly to people and all the hens (and even the younger roosters). He's under a year old. I would honestly love to keep him, but we got a complaint about his noise, so he's got to go. We're just too close to our neighbors.

The two Orpingtons are 15-16 weeks old. So far, they're also really friendly.

They're all just so beautiful and sweet, I want to try giving them away to people who might want them...

We're in Bakersfield, CA.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Overrun With Chickens

Jul 19, 2015
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Why are all the good ones so far from me???

Good luck!

3. TalkBahk2Me

TalkBahk2Me Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2016
    FL south west
    I know the feeling, lol they are amazing ok have to try... You wouldn't by chance be able to ship your Ameruacana roo to a loving home in Florida???? And accept pay pal [​IMG]

4. cocoganger

May 25, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    We already gave the Ameraucana away. I don't think I would have been comfortable shipping him anyway. Sorry!

5. TalkBahk2Me

TalkBahk2Me Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2016
    FL south west
    No worries I fully understand it was worth a try [​IMG] He's a beauty

6. ForTheLoveofHEN

ForTheLoveofHEN Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2016
    Lake Elsinore CA
    HI do you still have the Orrington roos?

7. cocoganger

May 25, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Hi FortheLoveofHEN,

Sorry for the delayed response! I do still have the splash roo. Are you still interested in him? He has become a majestic beast over the last two weeks, but still sweet as can be.

8. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    HI! I own lavender Orps. The last photo posted I would bet is NOT a rooster but a soon to be gorgeous hen. Hope you kept that one! And the contact of the person who now has you lavender rooster...just in case you want to breed them- with care and consideration for any issues.

9. cocoganger

May 25, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Hbhoffman, that last one isn't lavender, but splash. We actually thought the same thing though and held off on giving him away because we thought he might actually be a hen... He turned out to be 100% rooster. We finally found a good home for him after he started crowing.

10. hbhoffman

hbhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    md
    Glad you found a home! Sure looks like a hen but Orps are hard to tell until 4 months+ or until they crow! I had one mixed male that waited until it was 6+ months to start!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by