1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

FREE roosters - NE alabama (pics)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mtnmenagerie, Jan 6, 2008.

1. mtnmenagerie

mtnmenagerie In the Brooder

Oct 13, 2007
    NE Alabama
    handsome, mixed breed roosters. well behaved!
    need to find new homes! hatched this past spring.

bachelor #1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bachelors #2 and #3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

can meet you in Trenton, GA. let me know!!

thanks,
    sarah

2. jimnjay

jimnjay Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Very Pretty Roosters, I wish I needed one but as you can imagine I am always looking for homes for my extra boys. Trento GA, how convenient would that be, its only 5 miles from me. If you have any Standard Pullets or hens please let me know. I am still without any layers. I just can't seem to raise them this year.

3. mtnmenagerie

mtnmenagerie In the Brooder

Oct 13, 2007
    NE Alabama
    hey neighbor! [​IMG]
    that's awesome that we are so close.
    you mean you don't eat those tiny little silkie eggs?? lol
    i used to have silkies... i miss them [​IMG]

4. cgjsmith

cgjsmith Songster

Mar 6, 2007
    tennessee
    Ms Jay I can get you some black stars if you want. I still have the speckled sussex roo and am looking for ladies for him if I can't get him to you [​IMG] Crystal

5. jimnjay

jimnjay Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Oh yes we eat Silkie eggs but DH likes to have big eggs to fry. I don't eat that many eggs at all but I like to use large ones in recipes too. If you decide you want some Silkies let me know. I usually have extras to give away.

Crystal, How are you? Both of my Sussex girls died of what I think was Egg Yolk Pertonitis. I have two Welsummer Pullets now and I am thinking about getting some Java eggs and try to hatch them this year.

When you say Black Stars, are you talking pullets?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: