1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free Roosters need a new home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by DillardHome, Dec 20, 2009.

1. DillardHome

DillardHome Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    Claxton, GA
    I have 4 roosters and do not want to stress out my 5 hens, so I am needing to find new homes for 2 of my roosters. When we purchased these they were too young to determine the sex. I really hate to let them go but I don't want them to hurt each other and/or overwhelm the hens. I am not sure of the breed, any ideas? Would anyone like to adopt them or one? I really do not know their ages, we've had them since August 16, 2009 and we were told they were only a couple months old then. They are definately at the mating age now. I would really like if these guys could find a home from a BYC member versus another site because I want them to go to a good home. Free.
    I am requesting pick up only, located in Claxton, Georgia.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    Ooooh I love them![​IMG] Where are you in Georgia? I'm near Jacksonville...

3. DillardHome

Sep 2, 2009
    Claxton, GA
    Awww thanks. I really hate to have to let them go but like I said in my post I don't want any fighting or stressed out women running around..[​IMG] It would probably be easier if you did Mapquest. Claxton is an hour west of Savannah. But considering where you are I'm not sure, try Mapquest to get an idea. I just did from city of Jacksonville to here (Claxton) is 2 hours 41 minutes. Please let me know [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  4. DillardHome

Sep 2, 2009
    Claxton, GA
    These guys are still available. Please give them a home [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by