Free Roosters to GOOD Homes in NH.

chickenpiedpiper

Songster
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
New Durham NH
I have two lovely young roosters under one year old that need good permanent homes.

Red is a BLRW, who likes to crow, but is very sweet to my significant other, and has never shown any signs of aggression towards me of my other animals, including our cats.

Bluester is a BIG handsome Blue Cochin whom I adore, he is a cuddly sweet heart, very peaceful and 'gentle' in his attempts with the ladies.
wink.png
but he is just too big for most of our girls! I do not want to part with him except to the best home possible, but he needs a flock of big girls to call his own.

Our Alpha Roo, Chester is just not giving these young boys any peace, and our ladies are showing the signs of wear and tear, so as much as I dont want to I need to find homes for these two big boys.

They are both experienced hawk defenders, but let our dogs tend to the 4 legged predators. I will try to take photos in the next couple days to show you these beauties, but here are some pics from last fall.

14075_100_30571.jpg

14075_100_30651.jpg

14075_100_3125.jpg

remember, these are pics from 6 months ago, they have both matured a LOT since then! Handsome boys now!

I PMed you I would love more info on your Roos I am very interested in them one for me and one for my best friend...we are both in NH...I am new to this group so I hope I did it right if you did not get my message please PM or email me.Thanks

Last edited:
Oh yeah!! A potential home for the boys! I am so attached to these two it is going to be hard to see them go, but they really deserve a flock of thier own!

Here are some photos from today, its kind of rainy and dark, so my camera didnt do a great job, but I tried!

Here is Bluester now, He is standing tall on alert cause Chester is coming....
14075_100_3692.jpg

This one shows his color better, he is eyeballing the treat I just tossed at his feet.
14075_100_3698.jpg

This is Bluesters baby, she was hatched on new years day! Her mommy was a silver laced cochin.
14075_100_3703.jpg

and finally, here is one of Red. He is not photogenic. Primarily cause he keeps walking towards you while you are trying to take his picture!
14075_100_3700.jpg

THANK YOU!!! I love my new boy Bluester and Red was great surprise she was so happy to get him....what a wonderful early Mother's Day gift to me!! Thanks again!!

Quote:
They are wonderful....I got Bluester for my family,we are new to chickens and we got a small young flock(1 roo, 7 hens)as pets and also for the great eggs,we were told they were all handled and were gentle...as long as they were safe around my children I would be happy.The roo & one hen were rather nasty...he tried working with them but nothing helped so we gave the roo & hen back and hoped to find a friendlier Roo.....we were blessed with Bluester...now called Mr.Bluester Bootz the Giant Blue Rooster by my 2 children..Blue or Bluester for short... May I add the pictures do neither Roo any justice they are beautiful!!

Red was an early Mother's Day gift to my Best Friend and she loves him!! Now both boys have their own flock of ladies.

Last edited:
Quote:
They are wonderful....I got Bluester for my family,we are new to chickens and we got a small young flock(1 roo, 7 hens)as pets and also for the great eggs,we were told they were all handled and were gentle...as long as they were safe around my children I would be happy.The roo & one hen were rather nasty...he tried working with them but nothing helped so we gave the roo & hen back and hoped to find a friendlier Roo.....we were blessed with Bluester...now called Mr.Bluester Bootz the Giant Blue Rooster by my 2 children..Blue or Bluester for short... May I add the pictures do neither Roo any justice they are beautiful!!

Red was an early Mother's Day gift to my Best Friend and she loves him!! Now both boys have their own flock of ladies.

Thank you for my new Roo Red! Red is walking around today with pride with his new flock of hens. He does this cute dance when the girls get close to him and seems really happy to have these flock of girls. He has been crowing all morning and fluffing his feather out like he is trying to say "Im the man!"
Thanks HenPen for my new boy! and Happy Mothers Day!

Here is Red with his new flock...checking things out this morning...My kids fed him some bred this morning and he seems to be pretty happy!

11721_hpim3819.jpg

11721_hpim3823.jpg

11721_hpim3824.jpg

Back
Top Bottom