1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Free Roosters

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mopargal1972, Jan 18, 2010.

1. mopargal1972

mopargal1972 Double K Poultry

HELP!!! I'm overrun with roos! I have never shipped birds, so I prefer local pickup only. If you want to pay for shipping, I'm more than happy to try though. These roosters are all about 5-7 months old. They are healthy, but some have been "picked on" by the other roos. No major injuries.....yet.
    I will post more pics on my BYC page. I have Black Australorps, Easter Eggers, and a few Silver Spangled Hamburgs.

2. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    I don't think roos are in very high demand. Do you have a farm auction or the like near you?

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I would definitely try craigslist too. You may or may not find homes for them. If you're okay w/processing, you might specify that too. Some will take free meat birds. Good luck...I always feel bad for the extra roos...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by