Free Silkie/Dominique chicks in Central Georgia

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by crabbycluck, Oct 2, 2008.

1. crabbycluck

crabbycluck Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2007
    Central GA
    I have toooooo many chickens! I have two Dominique hens and a beautiful gold Silkie rooster who have been VERY busy this year! I already have 8 chicks from them and now have had 16 more hatch yesterday. They are quite striking when grown: Most of them are black & white like the Dominiques. They all have fuzzy legs, fuzzy faces, and a top-knot like the Silkie. Many have gold feathers mixed into their plumage. I've also had gray hens with gold-trimmed feathers that are absoluty gorgeous. I also have had a solid black hen with a golden mane. If you would like a free chick, please send me a message. Please do not respond if you are looking for a free fried chicken meal! LOL. All my babies are free-range and spoiled.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  2. lfoose

lfoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Medina, OH
    Is it possible to safely ship one or two of them? I am in NE Ohio.

3. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Why can't anyone be giving chicks away closer to home? [​IMG]

4. NU CHICKS

NU CHICKS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Wyoming
    Do you have any picts of them when they get a little older? I like the sound of the cross breeding.

Thanks

5. EggHunter_66

EggHunter_66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Box Springs,Georgia
    Quote:Where abouts in GA are you located?

6. crabbycluck

crabbycluck Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2007
    Central GA
    I will try to take a few pictures of the various outcomes of the older chicks. They are quite interesting!

I am in north Central Georgia in Eatonton which is about an hour south of Atlanta and 45 minutes north of Macon. I travel back and forth to Columbia, South Carolina frequently as well.

Chicks, chicks, everywhere!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]: [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by